Board Governance is an online course that will help you learn all the elements of your role as a Board Member. This training is ideal for new board members and people looking for a detailed dive into the responsibilities, roles and duties of a board member and how boards work.
By the end of the course, you'll have a clear understanding of the following:
- The purpose of a Board of Directors for a non-profit organization
- What a board does and does not do
- Your role as a board member and what is expected of you
- How boards work effectively
- Your fiduciary duty and legal obligation as a board member
- Who is liable for what on a board
- The role you play in resource management, financial guidance and sustainability
- Strategic planning processes for boards
- Your role in finding new board members
- The importance of diverse boards for organizations
In this course, you’ll learn about non-profit organizations and why they need Boards of Directors, plus the responsibilities of board members, legal aspects of getting involved, benefits, and how to determine and find the right role and organization for you.
- Lesson 1 – All About Non-Profits and Non-Profit Boards
- Lesson 2 – Finding Board Roles and Getting Involved